Monday 23 June 2008

Mustache March

Working shifts has a lot of downsides - but a plus is a lot of free time during the day to get lots of useful stuff done. Unfortunately I normally waste hours looking at rubbish on the internet.

It was on one such morning that I found these guys. They took it upon themselves to raise some money for charity, by spending the month of March growing mustaches - surely the most humiliating of all facial hair varieties!

They all shaved clean on March 1st, were allowed 7 days of full beard growth before shaving to reveal the 'tache without the comfort blanket of a beard and leaving it for the remainder of the month.

Because my job doesn't allow me to grow a beard I had to wait until holiday to attempt my own, although only going as far as the 7 day mark. The photos below show my glorious, if rather disturbing efforts!





This is the way we should be raising money to pay of building debts!

d

9 comments:

simont said...

Sick mate!!

PeteyNik said...

i have not actually laughed as hard as this in soooo long!!! mate im not even joking here!! THAT TASH IS SOOO FUNNY!!! lol!!!

kitchy said...

every time i look at it i laugh - its wrong!

Anonymous said...

The beard was ok, but the tash is hillarious! You remind my of freddie mercury!
How long after the pic did you shave? Bet it came off 10 seconds after!

kitchy said...

Literally long enough to show everyone and get a picture. I think i might have gotten divorced otherwise! Imagine walking around with one for a full month!

Anonymous said...

mate, i had a full tash for about a month when you were in the US.

iv got a picture of me with a tash, in a trucker cap, wearin sun glasses in a swimming pool surrounded by little children.

cant be beat.

PeteyNik said...

bitta brokeback mountain goin on there in the 2nd picture! haha

Anonymous said...

love it...tho agree with pete on the broke back mountain theme!x

kitchy said...

brokeback mountain? I've a pure village people one going on when I shaved off the chin hair of the goatee, leaving a biker style tache - that was too sick to put on the blog!