Thursday 26 June 2008

Random Quote - Chan

"Someone asked me recently why I don't save money for emergencies, or retirement. My answer was how can I justify saving for myself "just in case" something happens to me when something IS happening to so many already. 29,000 kids will die today of preventable causes. If I'm to love my neighbor AS myself, why spend so much time worrying about me?" 
- Francis Chan, June 08

A fairly challenging way to look at things, especially when I took a job that's main attraction is the pension scheme. Hopefully its not just a phase I'm going through, but the last few weeks (after reading Crazy Love) I been really starting to think more about where my money goes, and how much I really need for myself. 

The video below is by Sarah McLachlan - who made the video on a minimum budget, and gave what it should have cost to various causes - a total of $148,270. Visit world on fire for a list of recipients.



clip length: 4min 35sec

d


2 comments:

simont said...

That's mad mate. Thanks for putting it up for our challenge. I wonder where our treasure really is.

Boaly said...

Yep, thanks for posting this.
I don't think our treasure truly is in heaven...