Thursday 17 July 2008

Random Quote - Tim Challies

Challies posted yesterday on "Data Smog and the Christian Life". Its a long post, but in one of his closing paragraphs he states,

"It is such a temptation to begin my day with checking my email and checking my favorite blogs and news sites rather than beginning quietly with God. I have a difficult time turning off the phone and the computer so I can sit and memorize God’s Word, even for just a few minutes at a time. I have succumbed to the information overload, and have loved being a part of it. I have seen the data smog envelop my life. But, as with many other Christians, I know it has affected my spiritual life. While the information we are privy to is in many ways a blessing, in other ways it is a temptation and a curse."

As someone more or less addicted to reading and posting on blog sites, I can second this. This blog itself charts my desperation for having my internet connection returned after a period of downtime! 

Its a bit of a shame, considering my bible sits on the same desk...

d

"his delight is in the law of the Lord, 
and on his law he meditates day and night"
                    Psalm 1:2

No comments: