Friday 16 May 2008

Oral Sex - too far?

Definitely don't want this to become a Driscoll fan site, but unfortunately he's good at answering topical questions. and putting them into short video clips for me to use!

The following is a clip where he answers the question "If I've given or received oral sex, would you consider me a virgin?" I haven't uploaded this for shock value, or to be intentionally controversial - but think the whole "how far is to far?" question remains unanswered to a lot of peoples satisfaction, and Driscoll takes a good stab at answering this.



clip length: 5min 37s

There's a lot of my own opinion I could waffle on about on the topic of purity, but Driscoll does it much more concisely! Hopefully this is something to get you at least thinking about this if "drawing the line in a relationship" is something your struggling to do. If it is then please talk to someone about it, we've all been there - if you're at the church then speak to the pastors, solid christian friends, or myself and Pete - we'll all be more than happy to help you work through things in your head. 

d

Eph 5:3 "But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among the saints"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not religious, but at the end of the day oral sex is sex, anyone saying otherwise is simply lying to themselves.

kitchy said...

I would have to agree with you anon, but from the point of view of someone coming from a christian background when there's no sex before marriage - there is a tendency to attempt to justify as much sexual intimacy as possible outside of marriage ie. place that line as close to full intercourse as possible - allowing a certain amount of sexual gratification and a clear conscience!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand why this is done - I'm sure it can be very difficult for young people to exercise that amount of self control.

I understand that people will try and bend the rules as much as possible while telling themselves that they have a clear consience and have remained true to their religion. But I would think (and this comes from someone not religious, so I do not claim to be an expert!), that the more 'Christian' thing to do would be to be completely honest and admit that what you had done wrong and to ask for forgiveness for it. Then you can move on.

kitchy said...

For someone's who's not "religious", you've hit the nail on the head regarding seeking forgiveness and moving on. The problem arises when classifying what is wrong, and a lack of a desire to move on as a result of loving it too much!